Training for ICAEW tutors
As a tutor delivering the ICAEW qualification, you are a talented, ethical, and committed professional who plays a key role in upholding standards of professional competence and conduct, and sharing that with the individuals you teach. This course will help you to expand your teaching skills specifically for the ICAEW qualification.
3 and 4 May 2023
26 and 27 July 2023
4 and 5 December 2023
This course is designed especially for new and existing tutors delivering the ACA qualification. It will help build your confidence, deepen your knowledge and aid in understanding the best approach to teaching ICAEW, increasing the exam success of students.
Key course features:
- There will be two 3 hour Live Online sessions, accessible anywhere in the world
- Delivered by senior Kaplan lecturers who have many years of ICAEW teaching experience
- Topics covered will include:
- The difference between academic and professional exams
- Preparation of classes
- Bringing subjects to life
- Teaching exam technique
- Revising and marking key topics
The sessions will begin at 9.30am GMT, and a full timetable is available.
At the end of this course, you will feel more knowledgeable and better empowered to teach the ICAEW qualification to others. You will have knowledge of lesson preparation and how to approach the teaching of ICAEW to ensure exam success for your students.
An overview of the approach education to successfully delivering
- What a tutor needs to know to successfully deliver the professional qualification
- The key skills professional educators need (including teaching students whose first language is not English)
How to prepare for a class
- Material preparation techniques and approach
- Depth of knowledge needed
- Preparing the classroom environment
- Using appropriate delivery equipment and tools
How to deliver effective tuition sessions
- Overview of teaching techniques and tips for delivery
- How to correctly pace tuition sessions
- Effectively dealing with student questions and queries
- Using real life examples to embed learning
Key elements and the impact of good exam technique
- Managing your time in the exam
- Effectively addressing the question requirement
- Reading scenarios actively
- Key techniques for objective test questions
- Memory Techniques
How does the delivery of ICAEW courses differ to the delivery of other professional qualifications?
- This session will cover differences in: material, technical content, study approach, and student behaviour.
- The nuances of ICAEW classroom delivery
How to mark ICAEW exams
- Review of ICAEW exams and how these would be marked
This course will run 4 times across the year. You can choose from the following dates:
- 3 and 4 May 2023
- 26 and 27 July 2023
- 4 and 5 December 2023
This course is designed for new and existing ICAEW tutors who are aspiring to become even better educators.
This course is delivered as live online sessions. There are two sessions, each lasting three hours. The sessions will begin at 9.30am GMT, and a full timetable will be supplied before you begin.
This course costs:EUR: 230